. Sindig - Johanson - Larsen Syndrome. OrthopaedicsOne Review. In: OrthopaedicsOne - The Orthopaedic Knowledge Network. Created Mar 07, 2010 15:41. Last modified Sep 15, 2010 13:31 ver.6. Retrieved 2014-08-29, from http://www.orthopaedicsone.com/x/aAHYAQ.
- Traction apophysitis of the distal pole of the patella
- Patellar ligament is partially avulsed from the lower pole of the patella
- Traction tendonitis develops
- Similar pathology to Osgood-Schlatter disease of the tibial tuberosity
- X-Ray may show calcification of lower pole of patella in chronic cases
- Usually resolves spontaneously within 1 year
- Rarely requires surgical debridement of necrotic parts of tendon or excision of apophysis